Commission II of the House of Representatives (DPR) held a working meeting with the government to make decisions about the level I of the first revision of election laws. In this meeting, the Working Unit (Panja) delivered 13 points of revisions that have been discussed. Of the 13 points, there is one point that has not been agreed that is about the resignation of legislator once appointed as the candidate of regional head.
In the course of the meeting, the majority of parties agreed on the points discussed in the working unit, including about the norm for legislators resignation. Some of the party agreed with notes of disapproval. Gerindra and PKS did not agree on resignation norm for legislators. However, they agreed on support requirements for prospective head region. Gerindra, PKS, PKB, and Democrats wanted the terms of party support for candidates in 15 percent of support on the party seats or 20 percent of the valid votes of support.
Followings are the 13 points proposed by the working unit and agreed by fractions of Commission II in the first-level of meeting:
- On the determination of simultaneous elections voting time, the working unit agreed that the voting results of the election in 2015 conducted in December 2020. The results of 2017 elections will be conducted in 2022. The election results in 2018 will be implemented in 2023. This is done to achieve national simultaneity in 2024.
- In the event of death of candidate pair or one of the candidate pair,Â both for candidates from independent and political parties, the working unit agreed to provide 30 days of replacement if one of the candidates died in the span of 29 days before the election.
- On the increase in the verification of independent candidates, the working unit agreed to conduct factual verification by census method by meeting the candidate supporters.
- On a more complete arrangements of criminal offense such as promising or giving money or other material to influence the organizers or the voters (money politics), the working unit agreed if it meets the elements, the doer will be imprisoned or subjected to criminal penalties. If a candidate does aforementioned criminal offense, he/she is subjected to sanctions such as cancellation as a candidate.
- On strengthening Bawaslu, the working unit agreed to give the authority to receive, examine and decide upon the crime of money politics. These legal actions initiated from Provincial Bawaslu to Central Bawaslu up to Supreme Court level.
- On campaign improvement, campaign methods, and campaign finance; the working unit agreed that campaign is a form of political education for the people who do it responsibly. Campaign funds originally funded from state budget is diverted to candidate pair or political party for limited meetings, face to face meetings, distribution of campaign materials, and installation of campaign props. Campaign fund is also added a new norm that campaign funds can be obtained from donations from candidate pair.
- On the improvement of norms related to abuse of incumbent position, the working unit agreed that state officials, ASN officials, members of the military / police and village heads are prohibited from making decisions or actions beneficial or detrimental to candidate pair. It is prohibited to conduct official replacement. The actions related to these are subjected to cancellation sanction of candidacy from Provincial KPU or Regency / City KPU.
- The working Unit agreed that the local governments are responsible for the life of democracy in their region, in particular for increasing participation in using voting rights.
- On handling complaints related to improvement of electoral violations, the working unit agreed on strengthening the functions of Sentra Gakumdu which involves police investigatorsâ€ role and streamline the workflow of handling election-related crime. Dispute on state administration is conducted levelly from provincial Bawaslu or Regent/city Panwas and Supreme Court (MA). Disputes result refers to the total valid votes of real count results.
- The working unit agreed on the inauguration of the elected candidate pair, president as the holder of supreme authority of government, can induct regents and deputy as well as mayor and deputy mayor simultaneously.
- On the proposal of appointment of elected candidates, the working unit agreed to be set up further to follow the stages of the delay in the inauguration as a result of undelivered proposal from Regent/city and Provincial DPRD.
- On the follow-up decision of the Constitutional Court, the working unit agreed to set further about the election. The abolition of requirements does not have conflict of interest with the incumbent. Related to ex-convicts, it is required to announce to public. Requirements for civil servants nominating in the election, he/she shall resign as decided by regent/city KPU or Province. DPR, DPD and DPRD members nominating in the election are obliged to resign.
- On the minimum requirements for candidate pair from political party or coalition of political parties, the working unit agreed on the figure of 20 to 25 percent. 
Translated by SL